Wednesday, November 19, 2008

N96 Firmware Update is a Dream

I updated the N96 firmware to the latest v11 the other night and was all set to have to reinstall all my applications like I have to with the E71 and N95 8GB, but I hit a big snag. You don't have to reinstall all your apps again, the firmware update doesn't effect anything you have on the phone including apps, contacts, calendar, settings' etc...

Now this is a Joy from Nokia and I so want it on all my phones, after spending 4hrs installing everything back onto my E71 last night after updating its firmware.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well my friend - after two days of trying to update the firmware from Version 11.018 to the new V12 - I have failed .. To do it from the device manager doesn't work coz the phone says "no updates available" .. and from PC Suite is impossible coz when trying to update I have to install the "software updater" and that causes issues coz the "host layer process" won't install therefore causing the software updater to fail due to critical software missing .. I can only suggest that 02 or my particular phone model code is not open to updates yet ;( .. thanks for your help though mate. Andy